Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Sunday, September 26, 2010
- What are the difficulties that you have encountered during the process?
We were struggling with figuring out if the product’s ease of use was measurable. We thought that although the overall ease of use was not measurable, there might be certain factors leading to the conclusion that it would be possible.
The next difficulty we faced was finding evidence and describing how we knew if the product was easy to use. We did not understand at first what we were required to do.
- How do you overcome the difficulties encountered?
We overcame the first problem by taking the overall understanding of “ease of use”, which is not measurable. However, we later found out during the sharing that our answer was not very accurate.
We described how we knew that the product was easy to use by stating criteria which the product was required to fulfil in order to be easy to use, such as it should not cause injury to the elderly.
We found evidence of the product’s ease of use by describing which qualities of the product would prove easy to use for the elderly.
- What are the 2 key takeaways for this lesson?
The 2 key takeaways for this lesson are how to imagine and visualize the product and decide on how to build the prototype, the qualities and functions of the prototype and how the prototype would help the elderly. When building the prototype, I would be required to question the product, such as why this would make the elderly’s life better or how this can help the elderly.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
The product is multi-coloured, in orange, yellow and green. It can be stored in a curled shape which takes up much less space than if it was unfolded. When unfolded, it forms a "Y" shape, and 2 different things can be jung on the hooks.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
2. Which workplace is preferred? State with reasons why one workplace is preferred over the other.
3. What are the considerations that should be taken into account when designing a workplace that is suitable for the user?
4. Why do you think that Ergonomics is important when designing?