1. What are the 3 key takeaways from today's visit?
- Singapore has managed to prevent the shortage of water and one of the factors is NEWater.
- About 1% of the NEWater water is pumped into the reservoirs during IPU.
- The water in NEWater has gone through several processes so it is safe for use.
2. Name 2 concepts that you have learnt today during the visit.
- There are 2 processes to filter out the substances in the water, one for large particles and one for small particles.
- The size of the pores in the filtration equipment are small enough to allow only water particles to pass through and not other particles.
3. What is 1 interesting thing that you have learnt today?
-NEWater is not suitable for daily consumption by humans as it does not contain the minerals that is needed for us.
4. What are the things you can do to help with water conservation in Singapore?
-Refrain from wasting water, reuse water (e.g. using water from washing rice for watering plants).